Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Spring 2009 Family Talk

Friends,

I've always wanted to be a part of something much bigger than myself, and I'm humbled that God has rescued me and made me a part of his movement of missionaries, the Church. As college students, we have the choice before us to serve the Church in advancing the gospel into the shadows of our city or to demand services from underpaid staff members who strive to entertain us with funny-titled sermonettes. Which will you choose?

I know most of you very well, and I believe you are on board with Christ's mission to redeem the city of Greenville. The question our team faces is "How are we going to do it?" What part do we have to play in God's kingdom work? 

I believe Spring 2009 holds incredible opportunities for our participation in the gospel's progress. We are going to hold a family talk for all impact team members on January 15 immediately after the first Fusion of the semester. Our family talk will be held in the smaller Joyful Sound conference room; that is the room in the Student Center at the end of the Student Services and Campus Ministry halls (signs will be posted).

We are going to be asking God to do some ridiculous things this semester. I want to share with you the vision and strategy of the Downtown Impact Team for the current stage we are in and talk about where I see our team moving in the next several months. We must submit to Scripture and act like members of one Body if we hope to do all we set out to accomplish. I encourage you to set your eyes on Christ, lock arms with your brothers and sisters, and march forward with the light of the gospel.

For His fame,
Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment